...some corrections about some formulas.

Simon Plouffe simon.plouffe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:10:09 CET 2007

yes, you are right this is a mistake,

the second one is not obviously the double
of the other, my mistake.

As it always been the case, those sequences
I submit to Neil Sloane are suggestions
of additions, if part of it can be added
to the catalog I humbly summit them for
review.

But speaking of errors here are a couple
of formulas (1031) that were found in 1992
when I did my master thesis.

http://www.lacim.uqam.ca/~plouffe/OEIS/citations/FonctionsGeneratrices.pdf
and the text of the thesis (in french).
http://www.lacim.uqam.ca/~plouffe/articles/MasterThesis.pdf

I am talking about the formulas in sequences

A005389
A005687
A005689
A005690
A005313
A006468
A006469
A006060

These are the cases I could find and there could
be others.

All the formulas in the current OEIS catalog
are with your name with dates somewhere in 2004 :

This is wrong, they were found in 1992.

So please, if you submit sequences could you check
IF someone has not found them before.
This is also obvious, I did the book with Neil Sloane
and these formulas were conjecture at the time
and for many of them are still conjectures...but
numerical evidence are very strong in many cases
and for obvious reasons they were NOT included
in the book for editorial reasons that me and Neil
Sloane agreed at the time. Now, as time as passed
and computers are much better at finding formulas
(especially with GFUN), these considerations
have less weight than they had.

In any case, I would appreciate the correction and
if you could double check before submiting anything.

Simon Plouffe