Correct and merge Near Dupes A004249 and A007516?

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:53:23 CEST 2007

It seems that A004249 and A007516 differ only in the 0th term, with
one of them erroneous (I think the former).  Can't the two be combined
into one, once corrected?

-- Jonathan Vos Post

I've started the duplicate hunting process again, this time checking 13 term
"stubs" of sequences for matches, starting at the sixth term. Before we

Longest sequence:

A016176 (348 terms)

The next four longest sequences:

A126128 (247 terms)
A126129 (244 terms)
A125911 (234 terms)
A064533 (232 terms)

Shortest sequences (all have one term):

A082710
A076337
A058445
A058446
A072288
A010034
A118329
A115453

This round will take significantly longer, I may need to distribute the
workload to folks who have access to SQL or a SQL-like environment since
complete lists of all the possible matches could be (depending on how long
you make your "stubs") in the hundreds of millions or billions.

Straightforward duplicates:
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/?q=id:A022555|id:A057903&fmt=1
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/?q=id:A083318|id:A000051&fmt=1

Possible duplicates: