Present the even number (if it divides by 4) as a difference of two integer squares ?

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Thu Apr 24 18:02:36 CEST 2008

I thought it was a little bit interesting because it came up in the
context of this quadratic form, and then there's the connection
between hours elapsed: 24a+7 means 07:00, while 7a+24 means, um,
something if we had 24 7-hour days?  OK, it's a bit of a stretch.  A
lot of a stretch.

Why don't we just include all infinitely many sequences of this type?
(I still hope for the day when superseeker becomes computationally
cheap enough that you can get it on the web site; then the OEIS really
could "contain" all sequences of this type.)

--Joshua Zucker