Tower of Hanoi with random moves

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:23:19 CET 2008

I used this well-known self-similarity to generate the set of
fixed-point relations
x[i] = 1+sum( T[i,j] x[j], j=1..3^n \ 2 )
of which the expectation values for running times are the unique solution.
(The \2 I added stands for the fact that the symmetry of the graph
allows to restrict oneself to one half of the graph.)

Maximilian Hasler
PS: The problem is solved, I don't know if this has been e-mailed to
the seqfan list.