Best wishes

Jaap Spies j.spies at hccnet.nl
Tue Jan 1 02:18:33 CET 2008

If you have Sage, try this:

R.<a,b,c> = QQ[]
M=matrix(R,2,3,[1,2,3,a,b,c])
M.permanent()
N = M.substitute(a=400,b=2,c=0)
print "Happy", N.permanent()

Ok, you guessed :)!

If you don't have Sage you can try the online notebooks on:

http://www.sagemath.org/

And if you are visiting the AMS meeting in San Diego, don't miss
the booth of Sage next to Mathematica and Maple! They hand out DVDs
including the latest of Sage!

Jaap

Permanents are here forever!

I just uploaded what I call "version 0.9" of the PARI transforms. There are a
great many new transforms as well as changes to the old ones to improve
performance.

I placed the transforms I consider "core" at the beginning of the file with
the rest following in roughly alphabetical order. It's 0.9 because there are
However, I don't forsee any major format changes, so I think this would be a
reasonable version for Neil to copy onto the OEIS website. (It will probably
be a month before I do the next update anyway.)

Included are some transforms that have never been discussed here. I'll try to
bring them up in future postings.

Christian