2 things about the OEIS Welcome Page

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Thu Jun 5 12:23:26 CEST 2008

To make it clear to the non-tech-freaks:

% wget -S http://www.jjj.de/
--12:23:17--  http://www.jjj.de/
           => `index.html'
Resolving www.jjj.de... 80.190.231.112
Connecting to www.jjj.de|80.190.231.112|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:18:52 GMT
  Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Linux/SUSE)
  Last-Modified: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:01:46 GMT   <--= *** there ***
  ETag: "edba-163f-44333107f1680"
  Accept-Ranges: bytes
Length: 5,695 (5.6K) [text/html]

seqs in the OEIS have a static URL:

% wget -S http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A034548
--12:24:27--  http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A034548
           => `A034548'
Resolving www.research.att.com... 192.20.225.32
Connecting to www.research.att.com|192.20.225.32|:80... connected.
  Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 10:20:15 GMT
  Server: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)
  Connection: close
Length: unspecified [text/html]

I did not know this mechanism existed.  Nice!

* Brendan McKay <bdm at cs.anu.edu.au> [Jun 05. 2008 20:17]: