666 and godly numbers

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Mar 5 00:27:06 CET 2008

Well, we can easily state that the asymptotic density is zero: the
density
of the numbers avoiding any valid string in any given base is zero.

Intuitively, I think the number of such numbers is, in fact, finite.
It seems
to me that for n sufficiently large, you can always find a base where
the
representation of the number starts with the given string.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters