To generalize or not to generalize...

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Sat May 17 09:09:24 CEST 2008

On these two sequences, again some news:

-After his work on Taxicab(6), Uwe Hollerbach (USA) confirmed this week that
my upper bound
	  933528127886302221000
	=  8387730^3 +  7002840^3   (1)
	=  8444345^3 +  6920095^3   (2)
	=  9773330^3 -    84560^3   (3)
	=  9781317^3 -  1318317^3   (4)
	=  9877140^3 -  3109470^3   (5)
	= 10060050^3 -  4389840^3   (6)
	= 10852660^3 -  7011550^3   (7)
	= 18421650^3 - 17454840^3   (8)
	= 41337660^3 - 41154750^3   (9)
	= 77480130^3 - 77428260^3   (10)
constructed in Dec 2006 is really Cabtaxi(10). See his announcement at
http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0805&L=nmbrthry&T=0&P=1284

-better Taxicab(>=11) and Cabtaxi(>=11) upper bounds recently found by
Duncan Moore, Jaroslaw Wroblewski and me.

More details at http://cboyer.club.fr/Taxicab.htm, with updated tables of
Taxicab and Cabtaxi numbers.

Christian.