[seqfan] Re: Rant on Maple code

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Aug 10 14:19:25 CEST 2009

Peter,  you are right that the programs (in all languages) that
are included in the OEIS are less than perfect.

The trouble is, the database contains 162110 entries,
and it is essentially run by one person in addition to
his regular job.

It would be nice if we had someone whose job it is to check
and maintain the programs, someone else to process submissions
of new sequences, a third person to process updates to existing
sequences, and a fourth person to search the literature
for sequences.

At present about 50 new sequences arrive each day, and 60 or more
updates every day.  Altogether I get about 200 messages
a day dealing with sequences.

You can use thge web page SubmitA.html to add new programs,
and SubmitC.html to make corrections to existing programs.

I will add your better program for A001147, thanks!

 Best regards
 			 Neil