[seqfan] Re: Rant on Maple code

David Wilson dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Thu Aug 13 19:29:29 CEST 2009

But more importantly

The Wiki should have a place where the editors can discuss, agree on,
and improve OEIS standards (such as they are).

One example might be a glossary page where preferred symbols in OEIS
sequences are listed, e.g:

a(n)	nth element of current sequence.

	Example:

		%F A000000 a(n) = 2^n + 3^n

n	1. Index of current sequence element

	Example:

		%F A000000 a(n) = 2^n + 3^n

	2. Element of current sequence

	Example:

		%N A000000 n^2+1 is prime

g(x)	Generating function of current sequence

It's easier to agree on and conform to conventions that are written down.