[seqfan] Re: Number of knots with trivializing number k among all knots with n crossings

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Aug 17 20:53:48 CEST 2009

Yes, this is definitely a good sequence for the OEIS.

Yes, as I understand it, odd numbered columns should be eliminated.  So
the definition becomes something like "Table T(n,k) is the number of
knots with n crossings and trivializing number 2k".  This will then be
a tabf sequence:
1,1,0,1,1,2,1,5,6,1,11,9,...

Yes, this is the way to present it.

Do we generally have 2k <= n - 3, so the row lengths are
1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5,6,6,...?

Franklin T. Adams-Watters