[seqfan] Re: A139414 - sequence ranking - from Wikipedia links?

Georg Fischer Georg.Fischer at t-online.de
Fri Feb 6 21:09:22 CET 2009

What I could imagine is a web site with the frequency
of links from the English (+ German, French and
maybe some more) Wikipedia article dumps to specific OEIS sequences.
I could derive such a hit list mechanically from Wikipedia dumps.

This "Wikipedia OEIS Hit list" would give some indication how
well a sequence is known by the outside world.

I think the probabilty of rank manipulation is rather low. If somebody
tries to "lift" his favorite sequence(s) in the Wikipedia, he will be
controlled by that community, and a few more links to the OEIS will
not be harmful.

Georg Fischer