[seqfan] help needed entering sequences from Iwan Jensen's home page

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Feb 14 08:22:22 CET 2009

Dear Seqfans,  On Nov 08 2008 I appealed to the associate editors for help.
One person promised to take care of this, but three months have passed
and nothing has been done, so let me try again!

Here is what I said:

 On Iwan Jensen's home page http://www.ms.unimelb.edu.au/~iwan/
one will find many papers and tables concerned with counting
problems in condensed matter physics.

For example, under "Publications", the top item, "Prudent walks ..."
has three sequences that seem new. [The second paper, "A parallel algorithm ...",
is concerned with A121220, although it does not mention the OEIS,
and I already added a reference to it there]

The top item also has a number of generating functions in the text
for which the corresponding sequences should
probably be added to the OEIS if they are not there, or references added
if they are there.

And so on - he has a large number of papers and he does not send his
results to the OEIS, unfortunately.

Many of his enumerations produce 40 or 60 terms, so there should be
b-files as well, to give all the terms he has found.

His enumerations are highly nontrivial, often produced by
a network of computers, so it is important that all the terms
that he finds should be in the OEIS.

So I'm looking for volunteers to enter these sequences.
If you are willing to help, please post a note here.
There is so much to be done that it would make sense
to share the work.  So you might say, "I will process
the paper ***** "

Of course he is just one of several people working in this field,
and probably many more sequences will be found in the references
in his papers.

Fortunately most of this work seems to be on the arXive

Don't forget that you can mouse the numbers from a pdf file.
Using Adobe Reader, go to Tools, and turn on the "Select" tool.

 Best regards
 			 Neil