[seqfan] Re: A139414

David Wilson dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Tue Feb 3 16:15:53 CET 2009

As a one-time contributor of chaff, I attest that there is much chaff in
the OEIS. I have heard the argument that the OEIS is a database, and can
therefore afford to collect some chaff, however, I hasten to add that
the OEIS is also an academic work referenced in a great deal of
mathematical research, and in that regard should enforce some minimal
agreeable standard of accuracy and relevance.

Such standards can only be enforced by a reasonably objective formal
editorial review process. In the absence of such a process, the OEIS
will continue to collect chaff.