[seqfan] Re: A051501

Rick Shepherd rlshepherd2 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 06:03:54 CEST 2009

Hello all.  (I used to be on this list a few years ago and I'm back now,
mostly reading appreciatively.).

One way to fix part of this would be to state how many digits the next prime
has.

If the formula in A034887 is correct, then A034887(A051501(4))=A034887
(137438953481)
=41373247571, so A051501(5) is at least a 41,373,247,571-digit number
(and has at most 41,373,247,572 digits).  (Just!) by finding the leading
digit
of 2^137438953481, one may be able to state definitively that it's the
smaller
number of digits (by Bertrand's Postulate).

(I was just about to click send as Joerg Arndt's message arrived.).

Regards,
Rick