[seqfan] Re: End of line characters in b-files

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Mar 9 23:38:18 CET 2009

Harry (and I will copy this to the seqfan list):

You said:

> I noticed something strange in my copies of b-files that I sent to you. Some
> have each line ending with the two characters CR LF (Carriage-return
> Line-feed) and some have each line ending with the single character LF.

Me:  Thanks for asking!  This is indeed a source of problems.

We strongly prefer having each line end with the single character LF
(because that is the unix standard format).  The other format (DOS format)
has to be changed by me (individually for each file!).

Another thing:  tabs in b-files also cause trouble and again
have to be changed by me (individually for each file).
Folks should use spaces in b-files, not tabs!

And to repeat what I said in an earlier posting:
along with b-file, please send a %H line, in this format:

%H A007366 T. D. Noe, <a href="b007366.txt">Table of n, a(n) for n=1..1000</a>

(using the right offset, of course).

Thanks!

Neil