[seqfan] Re: floretion video / A108618

Creighton Kenneth Dement creighton.k.dement at mail.uni-oldenburg.de
Mon Nov 16 19:31:10 CET 2009

Thanks to Al and Antti- sorry it has taken me so long to write back.

On Antti's questions:
You could definitely use Blender to illuminate Catalan structures- there
is also a way to make curves grow. Blender version 2.48 has a built-in
Python interface. Here's a good starting point
http://www.blender.org/documentation/246PythonDoc/Curve-module.html

I will try to help if I can.

The "jellyfish structures" were made by taking a mesh of points generated
by floretions and applying a "wave modifier along the normals" (see
Blender documentation) to make it appear to be moving.

Sincerely,
Creighton