[seqfan] Re: detective work related to Creighton Dement's "Floretions"

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Thu Nov 19 21:14:58 CET 2009

I don't think Robert was saying that floretions are worthless.  I doubt
that he would have done so much (detective) work on them if he thought
they were worthless.

But, in the absence of reasonable documentation, they aren't of much
use to the rest of us.  My usual reaction to one of Creighton's notes
in this group is MEGO (my eyes glaze over).  There needs to be:

1) A permanent web site explaining all the notation and computations.
(There ought to be someplace to put such documentation in the Wiki
OEIS.)

2) A link from every floretion-generated sequence to this web site.

3) The calculation used for the sequence needs to be in every such
sequence.

If that was done, I might think it worth my time to look into it.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters