[seqfan] Re: Meanwhile, something fringe...

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 01:38:36 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:42 PM, <seqfan-request at list.seqfan.eu> wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:04:36 -0500 (EST)
> From: William Keith <wjk26 at drexel.edu>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Meanwhile, something fringe...
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
>
> I would argue strongly against the inclusion of sequences or number
> patterns from numerological sources.

I think you took my suggestion a bit too literally. And anyways, I wrote
"although I think we should definitely refrain from gematric sequences."
(gematria = numerology).
What I had in mind, was more like discarding all the dubious semantics
of that kind of material, and looking whether there's anything inspiring
in the mathematical structures themselves. For example, from Pythagoreans'
Holy Tetractys you get triangular numbers A000217 by discarding all the
mystical
interpretations and extrapolating it to the infinity.

Yours,

Antti Karttunen