[seqfan] Re: Meanwhile, something fringe...

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 01:47:02 CET 2009

I don't pretend to have the ability to predict what sequences will have
value to other researchers in the future. As it turns out, neither does
Neil, even though probably most of us would take his predictions on the
matter more seriously than our own.

Sure, I groan when I see a sequence the computation of which needs another
sequence of 65 values to be hard-coded and then input into a very
complicated-looking formula. But I can't state to a mathematical certainty
that no other researcher will find value in such a sequence, even if the
whole theory that motivated it in the first place is completely debunked and
replaced with a far simpler formula.

Al