[seqfan] Re: A111287: first 2000 terms

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Nov 30 11:10:12 CET 2009

About b-files:

> I see there's already one with 1000 terms.<A0> What is the etiquette in such a case?

Me:  I guess you create the usual %H line, and at the end of
the line you say [This replaces an earlier b-file of XXXX terms computed by YYYY.]

> Along the same lines, is there some rule of thumb for which sequences we want b-files for?

Me:  Pretty much any sequence - the b-files are always useful

> I would think that sequences that are too simple (like the odd numbers) would be excluded.

Me:  No, even the odd numbers need a b-file
(could be useful for plotting one
sequence against another)

> what size of b-file is acceptable?

100, 1000, 10000, terms are usual.