[seqfan] Slightly OT: Calling for math documentary animations

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:24:57 CEST 2009

On Veterans' Day next month, Wayne State University's Danto Engineering
Center will host an animated film festival. There will be fictional and
historical animated films, and also math and science documentary animations.
Though to be honest, right now the only two animations in the third category
are a time-lapse of the Danto building construction and an illustration of
the Ulam spiral that I've done. With Detroit filmmakers I have no doubt I'll
be able to get enough films for the fiction category. But I'm concerned
about the math and science category, it's very sparse right now, so I'm
willing to look beyond metro Detroit.

Deadline for submissions is two weeks from today (Wednesday). Films in the
math documentary category may intersperse computer illustrations of
mathematical topics (such as the aforementioned Ulam spiral) with talking
head footage, if desired. There needs to be some kind of audio. Films
shouldn't be more than 15 minutes in length. Contact me at this e-mail
address if you're interested in entering the festival in the math
documentary category.

Right now this is the only webpage for the festival:
http://www.eng.wayne.edu/cgi/computing/schedule_view_time.php?id=2538

Alonso del Arte