[seqfan] Re: Integers formed by concatenating primes

Hagen von Eitzen hagen at von-eitzen.de
Sat Oct 17 14:35:30 CEST 2009

Michael Porter schrieb:
> I have a newbie question: how does a potential author (me) determine if a sequence is "important enough" to include in the database?  Are there guidelines?  Has a sequence ever been deleted because it's uninteresting or spam-like?

The database will never contain more than only finitely many out of
countably many describable and continuum-many possible sequences, so
restricting oneself by some kind of guideline seems appropriate.
A possible guideline might be: If you discover the sequence just because
you are activlely looking for/making up sequences that are not in OIES,
then it may indeed have not enough merits to be included. :)

Hagen