[seqfan] Re: gentle reminder

Hans Havermann pxp at rogers.com
Sun Mar 7 21:09:55 CET 2010

>> spelling: color (not colour - the OEIS uses U.S. spelling)
>
> Don't you mean "U. S. spelling"?

In case this went over people's heads, I'm referring to the
proposition that states:

> spelling: J. S. Bach (not J.S. Bach - a period should be followed by
> a space...

If we're going to have rules, shouldn't we practice them?

On the other hand, I go out of my way (in my own writing) to disregard
some possibly well-established norms such as this. (Others are leaving
no space on the sides of an em-dash or putting a closing quotation
mark outside of the sentence period - unless the quote itself is a
full sentence.)