[seqfan] Re: seqs whose |differences| are 1,2,3,4,...

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 00:00:44 CET 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 14:54, Raff, Paul <paul at myraff.com> wrote:

> I believe Bob is starting at zero, and I am starting at one.
>
>                   [paul]

It's Robert.

And yes, Paul, your sequence seems to be the same except that each term is
one bigger. Given the existence of A005132 and A118201 and the discussion by
others I believe that starting at zero is a little better.

Notice A063733 and A078943 -- those entries have related definitions, but
have not been developed as far (fewer terms, fewer descriptions and
references, etc). More importantly, both have a repeated 1 at the beginning
which goes against the whole "bijection" idea.

NJAS's initial statement referred to "natural numbers", usage of which is
ambiguous (Mathworld suggests "positive" or "nonnegative" integers).

--
 Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com