[seqfan] It's not even "prejudice"

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:11:31 CET 2010

The word prejudice is being misused. "prejudice" means "preconceived opinion
that is not based on reason or actual experience". Given your James Cameron
example, it is clear you mean to imply both reason and experience.

You should at least be saying "bias", which implies reason but retains the
notion of unfairness. "judgment" or "view" is probably best in this
situation.

P.S. Given my bias against base related sequences I would edit that comment
to say:

  - The next term, if it exists, is at least 10^424

- Robert Munafo

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
 Follow me at: mrob27.wordpress.com - twitter.com/mrob_27 -