[seqfan] Re: Q from NJAS: how do I upload to wiki?

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sun Nov 28 22:15:12 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 02:29:23PM -0500, N. J. A. Sloane wrote:
> Can someone who is familiar with the wiki help me?
>
> Q1: I want to upload a new (large) file to the OEIS wiki from
> my home computer. The file is called say "Deleted_Sequence_2".
> I want it to become a file on the wiki with that name.
> What do I do?
>
> [I tried uploading a file testAAAA, but it refused because there was no suffix.
> Other things I tried also failed.]
>
> Q2: There is an existing wiki file called
> Works_Citing_the_On-Line_Encyclopedia_of_Integer_Sequences
> I want to replace a large part of that with a new file that I upload
> from my home computer. It is many thousands of lines,
> too big to mouse. Again, how do I do this?
>
> Neil

I suppose you will need something like a "wiki bot".

A possible choice is "mvs" (i installed via ubuntu's package manager)
check:

http://www.ict4e.net/wiki_mirror/index.php?page=Mvs&connection=offline

It has "cvs" like interface and a typical session is:

#login, -w seems critical
mvs login -v -d oeis.org -u 'Georgi Guninski' -p 'pass' -w 'w/index.php'

#fetches a copy
mvs update 'User:Georgi Guninski'.wiki

# vim vs emacs editing
vim 'User:Georgi Guninski'.wiki

#commit, result diff at http://oeis.org/w/index.php?title=User:Georgi_Guninski&curid=195099&diff=1540449&oldid=1465951
mvs commit -m "testing wiki bot - mvs" User\:Georgi\ Guninski.wiki #uploads changes