[seqfan] Re: submitting a program, while preserving preformatted text

Donald Alan Morrison donmorrison at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 21:32:58 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Alonso Del Arte
<alonso.delarte at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Does Python have some kind of preprocessor directive mechanism where you
> could define an alternative tab character that would be replaced with the
> proper indentation before compiling?

Python allows spaces or tabs (I used spaces).  It raises an exception
if it can't figure out what you mean.

Python allows semicolons to delimit statements instead of lines, and
also parallel assignment, but the block indentation problem I will
have to look into; though Neil just suggested a "." (replacement)
work-around for the time being.

Thanks Neil!

Don