[seqfan] Re: submitting a program, while preserving preformatted text

Georgi Guninski guninski at guninski.com
Sun Sep 5 13:21:13 CEST 2010

i second this.

in addition this will greatly improve machine analysis of nondumb
sequences:

submit a B-file with at least 1000 terms. reading from a file is much
faster than computing slow sequences (especially if the analysis is run
multiple times).

if the B-file is rather large (say the sequence is double exponential,
the terms may be reduced modulo (agreed) prime of modest size) - this will work for my
analysis and may require a comment in the B-file.

regarding the database of pari code, i managed to parse some
 OEIS pari programs (using heuristic to clean non-code).

sage: ke=aka.keys()
sage: len(ke)
2278
sage: k=ke[100];(k,aka[k])
('A086823', '  a(n) = polcoeff(polcyclo(n), 2); \n')