[seqfan] Re: submitting a program, while preserving preformatted text

Donald Alan Morrison donmorrison at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 17:14:10 CEST 2010

Good Morning Richard,

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Richard Mathar
<mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>[...]
> I would strongly suggest to follow a discipline of naming the functions
> according the A-numbers they compute so (i) we can build a library of OEIS
> functions in Maple, Mma, Python, Java, C/C++, perl, Pari/gp in the future,
> and (ii) a search for the Axxxx returns the piece of code wherever it is
> used.
> So Axxxxx(n) returns the value at index n, isAxxxxx(n) tests the value against
> being in the sequence, Axxxxx_list(n) returns the first n values, Axxxx_row(n)
> returns the n-th row in an array or triangle, Axxxx(n,k) returns the value
> in row n, column k.
>[...]

This sounds like a reasonable convention; though others know better
than I.  For efficiency reasons, in addition, I think there should be
a convention/option for reading from B-Files instead of regenerating
values which may take considerable time to compute.  I do agree
though, validation is a good thing.

Regards,
Don