[seqfan] Re: sequence warnings?

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 14:52:19 CEST 2010

I suggest that sequences which are "doubtful" (say, kw "uned" which
should also be attributed to those who "contain errors with high
probability")

should simply NOT be displayed when using a search without the keyword
"uned" (or some appropriate checkbox) ; maybe one could add a line at
bottom (in very small print) saying
("plus NN more results with pending edits which have been hidden
[click here to display]")

I sincerely believe that this could be implemented in less than 15 minutes.
It's enough to add that checkbox in the HTML code (half a line of
static HTML, plus a tiny snippet of code if the contents of the
checkbox are to be preserved upon the next display of the form),
and to suppress output of a seq.that would contain "uned" unless the
variable corresponding to the checkbox is set.
Optionally, when such sequences are displayed, they could have a pale
red background and some popup saying "WARNING: this sequence has yet
not been approved by an editor" when the mouse pointer is hovering
about the values or comments etc.

Regards,
Maximilian