[seqfan] Re: Creighton's sequence A117153 should not be deleted

Robert Munafo mrob27 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 21:29:21 CET 2011

My main web page on the floretions is here:

  http://mrob.com/pub/math/seq-floretion.html#catalog

A lot of what I wrote a couple years ago while I was decoding CKD's work is
here:

  http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2009-November/002975.html
  http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2009-August/002976.html
  http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2009-November/002987.html
  http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2009-November/003000.html

At the time I also thought A124856 (http://oeis.org/A124856) sounded really
great, but now my ears seem to have changed and it no longer sounds as
interesting (I do have the old midi file and I just verified it really is
the same song... You have to wait about 3 1/2 minutes before it even reaches
the complexity of the early Philip Glass :-)

To generate either A124856 or the missing A117153, we would need the full
FAMP formula or the syllables (and their definitions). FAMP is CKD's program
"floretion algebra manipulation program" and his "syllables" are functions
used as building blocks for a recurrence relation formula.

I did a lot of work a year ago on this and corresponded with CKD, and at the
time I think we figured out that most of the exact definitions were lost.
Someone would need to conduct new research. I thought of making an automatic
search program using many combinations of the operators ("syllables") to
auto-generate FAMP formulas and locate a desired sequence, but it took too
much work and I had to move on to other projects (notably A005646
with Andrew Weimholt, see http://mrob.com/pub/math/seq-a005646.html , and
Sloandora, http://mrob.com/pub/math/sloandora/index.html).

--
  Robert Munafo  --  mrob.com
 Follow me at: mrob27.wordpress.com - twitter.com/mrob_27 -