[seqfan] Re: Cleaning up cross-references to recycled sequences - can this be automated?

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Sun Jan 30 20:52:24 CET 2011

Why isn't the optimum solution simply to never recycle sequence numbers?

Recycling is guaranteed to waste scarce human resources (that might
otherwise be used more productively to benefit the OEIS) with either
cleaning up headaches it causes, or trying to prevent them, or else
suffering the consequences of failing to prevent them.

What problem does this pernicious unhygienic practice actually solve?

It's not like we're going to run out of integers.

========