[seqfan] Re: "see Mathematica program for definition" Was: defn A011773

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 23:02:10 CEST 2011

I love Mathematica, but there just is no good reason for an OEIS sequence
entry to be "See Mathematica program for definition."

Currently, there are 28 entries with "Mathematica" in the Name field. Some
of these might have a valid reason IF we agree that there is such a thing as
the "Mathematica order of partitions."

Ignoring those leaves about five sequences where the name is something like
"See Mathematica code for definition." I think we should change those to
something a little more meaningful.

Al

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Maximilian Hasler <
maximilian.hasler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Richard Mathar wrote:
> > I'd appreciate a definition in http://oeis.org/A011773 which is more
> precise
> > than "Related to Carmichael's lambda function: for precise definition see
> the Mathematica program below."
>
> I propose to replace the 2nd part of the name by
>
> a(p1^e1*...*pN^eN) = LCM((p1-1)*p1^(e1-1),...,(pN-1)*pN^(eN-1)).
>
> Maximilian

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>
Musician at ReverbNation.com <http://www.reverbnation.com/alonsodelarte>