[seqfan] suggestion for a competition?

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Oct 27 22:41:36 CEST 2011

Dear SeqFans,
A science writer that I know is thinking of
writing an article about the OEIS.

She asked me if I could think of a competition
for students. For example, there might be a prize for the
best new sequence submitted by a student.
(Student could mean high school student, or perhaps undergraduate)

Or, the best formula for a sequence that did not already have
a formula.

Or, the best "illustration of initial terms" (the kind of picture
we have in A000029) for a sequence that at present does not have
any illustrations

Can anyone suggest other competitions?

And, if the article appears, we will need a panel
of judges - any volunteers?

Neil