[seqfan] Re: Shouldn't A158624 be hard and base?

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Mon Apr 2 03:26:38 CEST 2012

Yes, the explanation could be made a lot clearer. Since the 3rd last digit
of 5^n is either 1 or 6, we choose the largest (6). Now when the last 3
digits are 625, the 4th last is 0 or 5, so we choose 5. When the last 4
digits are 5625, the 5th last is 1 or 6, so we choose 6...

Robert Israel
University of British Columbia