[seqfan] Knuth's latest fascicle

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 07:23:58 CEST 2012

Dear Seqfans,

Knuth recently just put out a draft of his section on satisfiability
(section 7.2.2.2, available here:
www-cs-faculty.stanford.edu/~knuth/fasc6a.ps.gz)

I scanned it and saw the following sequences (and there are surely many
more)

page 19 Eq 97

page 54 problem 178

p 60 solution to problem 9, E{R}

Solution to Problem 179, page 82, two versions
of a "Fibonacci ruler"

Would someone please enter them in the OEIS if they are
new, and add a reference to Knuth if they already exist?

The page numbers and equations numbers in the fascicle may change,
but the paragraph numbers are probably absolute

(Because it's a postscript file, I couldn't  use my mouse, or I would
have done this myself)

Thanks

Neil

--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

11 South Adelaide Avenue, Highland Park, NJ 08904, USA
Email: njasloane at gmail.com