[seqfan] Re: A051264 == A050278 ?

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Jan 9 09:22:51 CET 2012

 From the definitions, A051264 should be the same as A171102, not
A050278.

However, it appears that n-persistent is being used in a slightly
different way from what the MathWorld article defines. It seems that it
is being used to mean that the number is n-persistent as defined but
not (n+1)-persistent - one could perhaps call this exactly
n-persistent. Based on that, A051264 is different from the other two
sequences.

Certainly the definitions need to be clarified. The other sequences
referenced in the MathWorld article also appear to be defined in this
manner.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters