[seqfan] Re: A063305(n) = 18n - 41 for n>2 ?

Peter Luschny peter.luschny at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 5 13:55:19 CET 2012

EJ> Evidently, Peter, ...

pl> Great! So you can certainly also settle the conjectures
pl> in A063233, A063243 and A063289.
pl> https://oeis.org/search?q=A063233|A063243|A063289

rjm> A note of caution here: these changes to what "evidently" appear to be
rjm> very simple recurrences ought only be made by someone who understands
rjm> the definitions.

I fully agree and I did not intend to make changes based on "evidently".

On the other hand the numerical evidence is striking and I would be surprised
if a conjecture like

    A063305(n) = 18n - 41 for n > 2

has not been noticed, commented or rejected previously; after all
William Stein's database on modular forms is well known for 10 years.

Perhaps it might be worthwhile to look closer at this question as a
small sequence project. This search gives 17 pages of candidates for
further examination:

https://oeis.org/search?q=Dimension%20of%20the%20space%20of%20weight%20n%20cuspidal%20newforms

In A063305 the links to Stein's database are updated.

Peter