[seqfan] Re: Linked Open Data (LOD) and the OEIS

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 17:30:50 CET 2012

Let me answer some of Antti's questions: MY TEXT
IS IN ALL CAPS.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Antti Karttunen
<antti.karttunen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just a couple of questions:
>
> I guess it is possible to have also ternary relations between sequences,
> e.g.
> Axxxxxx --is_a_convolution_of--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
> or:
> Axxxxxx --is_a_composition_of--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
> (this latter meaning something like Axxxxxx(n) = Ayyyyyy(Azzzzzz(n)) )
> or:
> Axxxxxx --is_a_conjugate_of_conjugated_by_a_sequence--> Ayyyyyy, Azzzzzz
> (meaning: Axxxxxx = Azzzzzz^-1(Ayyyyyy(Azzzzzz(n))),
> where Azzzzzz^-1 is found via --is_inverse_of--> link,
> and of course, Azzzzzz doesn't necessarily need to be unique)
> ?
> YES. ANOTHER SET OF RELATIONS INVOLVE GENERATING FUNCTIONS,

SAY A(x), B(x), C(x). E.g. A(x) = 1/B(x), A(X) = B(B(x)), A(X) = B(x)^2,
etc.
SEE THE "transforms" FILE FOR MANY OTHER EXAMPLES.

> Another questions: How to record conjectural information? With
> separate keywords, e.g. as:
> Axxxxxx --is_conjectured_to_be_Moebius_transform_of--> Ayyyyyy
>
> NO, WE DON'T NEED A NEW KEYWORD. WE JUST PUT CONJECTURES

LIKE THIS IN THE "Formula" SECTION. THERE ARE ALREADY MANY EXAMPLES OF
THIS.