[seqfan] Re: n-sphere constants

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:10:18 CET 2013

The formulas for those two constants involve pi^(n/2) and (n/2)! - see
my book with Conway, Sphere Packings, Lattices and Groups, page 9.

I agree that it would be worth having those two series of
decimal expansions in the OEIS (dec. expansion
of vol of unit sphere, and of surface area of unit sphere).

I suggest they be added for the following key dimensions:
1 through 12, 16, 24 and 32.

Another sequence of decimal expansions that could be added is
Decimal expansion of density of (conjectured) densest sphere packing in
dimension [N].
There are actually two densities that should be added.
I'll do this myself.

Neil