[seqfan] Re: animations in Mathematica, OEIS kiosk

Dale Gerdemann dale.gerdemann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 23:48:25 CET 2013

Dear Neil. Seq Fans,

You can make a sequence of .jpg image files in a variety of
programming languages and then put them together a movie, gif, slide
show, ... using a reasonably priced tool such as Quicktime 7 or free
Linux tools such as ffmpeg or mplayer.

I've used Java and Python for a recent sequence of YouTube videos that
use a Fibonacci strings to generate a rich variety of fractals and
fractal-like images. (For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTieKvj9_oE). I'd been planning to
announce these videos in this
list as soon as I could get one that I was completely satisfied with
(which wasn't happening very quickly). Anyway, this video was made
with Python/TKinter/PIL and converted using QuickTime 7. The video
contains many sequences that would make nice animated gifs. If you're
interested in any of these, then let me know. Maybe I can modify
something to your taste, as I did with the Fibonacci trees. And if you
are interested in some technical details, then have a look at the
description I wrote for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ql1HnIPk0&NR=1. If anyone knows of
related work, please let me know, I've done these videos just for fun
and have very likely overlooked something.

Also, if anybody is interested in the Python code, just send an email.

Dale Gerdemann