[seqfan] Re: Higher dimensional analogues to plane division by ellipses?

Hans Havermann gladhobo at teksavvy.com
Sun Jun 2 19:55:01 CEST 2013

Yes, thank you. Spinadel's 1999 'The Family of Metallic Means' < http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/vismath/spinadel/ > with its bibliography of 30 references, interestingly has a 1997 precursor (The Family of Metallic Means in Design) with *additional* references, including:

[28] Godfrey Gumbs and M. K. Ali, Dynamical Maps, Cantor Spectra, and Localization for Fibonacci and Related Quasiperiodic Lattices, Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 60, 1988.

[29] Godfrey Gumbs and M. K. Ali, Quasiperiodic dynamics for a generalized third-order Fibonacci series, Physical Review B, vol. 38, Nr. 10, october 1988.

[30] Godfrey Gumbs and M. K. Ali , Electronic Properties of the Tight-Binding Fibonacci Hamiltonian, J. Phys. A: Math. Gen. vol. 22, 1989.

[31] Kolár M. and M. K. Ali, Generalized Fibonacci superlattices, dynamical trace maps, and magnetic excitations, Phys. Rev. B, vol. 39, Nr. 1, 1989.

[32] Kolár M. and M. K. Ali, Attractors in quantum Ising models, Phys. Rev. B, vol. 40, Nr. 16, 1989.

Reference 31 < http://prb.aps.org/abstract/PRB/v39/i1/p426_1 > mentions "spin-wave spectra for Fibonacci superlattices with copper and nickel mean are compared with those for the golden-mean case".