[seqfan] Welcoming

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon May 13 17:05:30 CEST 2013

One of the ideas I've been throwing around recently is having a welcoming
committee of sorts -- not sure what to call it, but a group who offer to help
new contributors through the process.

Ideally (if enough people were interested) we would contact each new member
as they register, to say hi and to let them know we're here if they have
questions. Maybe we could even have people with similar interests (based on
the bio) contact them, if they prefer.

Not only would this be a nice touch and help some people who get stuck, I
think it would give us some insight into what parts of our process are hard
to understand. Presumably those of us on SeqFan are sufficiently accustomed
to the system that we don't even notice, but having constant input from
fresh eyes would be good.

Is anyone interested in helping out? This wouldn't take much time, and in
any case would be on an as-available basis.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University