[seqfan] Re: The family atomics...

Jess Tauber yahganlang at gmail.com
Tue May 14 02:16:45 CEST 2013

Just getting started editing OEIS entries to include info on nuclear
sequences. For example A212964 gives magic numbers for nucleons under the
harmonic oscillator model at an oscillator ratio of 1:2 (biaxially oblate
ellipsoid). But the oblate ellipsoid with ratio 2:3, with a sequence of
2,6,8,14,18,28,34,48,58,76... isn't in OEIS, nor is the half-sequence. What
I'm hoping to do for now is determine a coherent way of assigning formulae
to sequences of magics under the harmonic oscillator at different
oscillator ratios such that as we shift from ratio to ratio the formula
will shift values in an equally regular way. Later, same with values from
plots of REAL nuclei with all the bells and whistles added.