[seqfan] Wieferich, Wilson and Wolstenholme primes less than 10^n

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 18:39:23 CEST 2014

Hi,

I recently drafted four sequences, whose addition to the OEIS was rejected.
I am not complaining about the rejection, but I would like to gather some
opinions on whether such sequences in general should be in the OEIS or not.
The sequences gave the number of Wall-Sun-Sun, Wieferich, Wilson and
Wolstenholme primes in the interval [10^n, 10^(n+1)] (see A244801, A001220,
A007540 and A088164 for definitions of these primes).

All of those sequences consisted of a lot of zeros. There is currently no
known Wall-Sun-Sun prime and it is an open problem whether any such prime
exists. The sequence for Wilson primes for example started (with offset 0)
1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.

My question is, should those sequences be in the OEIS, maybe in another
form? In order to avoid the many zeros, the definition could be changed to
"a(n) = number of W...... primes less than 10^n". For the Wilson primes,
for example, this would give the sequence (with offset 1): 1, 2, 3, 3, 3,
3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Further terms are currently unknown. The latest search went to 2*10^13
according to the results reported in http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.3436

Would those adjusted sequences make sense?

Regards,

Felix