[seqfan] Database of all small graphs

Anna Petrone annampetrone at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:54:08 CEST 2014

Hello seqfan readers!
This is my first post, so please excuse any formatting errors.

My colleague Travis Hoppe and I have built a database containing all simple
connected graphs with ten or fewer nodes, and have computed the value of 50
different graph invariants for each one.

We have written a short paper describing our project, which can be accessed
here: arxiv.org/abs/1408.3644. The code and database are housed on
Github.com and are publicly available at these locations:
https://github.com/thoppe/Encyclopedia-of-Finite-Graphs (link to the code)
and https://github.com/thoppe/Simple-connected-graph-invariant-database (link
to the database).

A database of small graphs can be used to generate integer sequences, for
example, the number of simple connected graphs with girth=5 (
http://oeis.org/A241713), or a "combo-sequence" such as the number of
graphs that are hamiltonian *and* are integral (http://oeis.org/A243273).
We have been able to contribute 141 new integer sequences to the OEIS and
extend/correct 6 existing sequences.

We have approached this largely from a data perspective rather than a
strictly mathematical one. Therefore there may be uses for this database
that did not occur to us, but might to the members of this mailing list,
with deeper expertise than ours. So we are asking, if you are interested,
to please let us know any uses (or shortcomings) of the database. We intend
to continue developing the database as interesting applications arise.

Provided this email reaches you all, and it peaks your curiosities, please
feel free to contact us via email:
annampetrone at gmail.com
travis.hoppe at gmail.com

Thank you,