[seqfan] Re: Listing articles under links

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Feb 17 19:34:25 CET 2014

Let  me get a bit more radical here. Why have two separate sections at
all?

Originally, the "References" were to articles or authoritative
references (e.g., Abramowitz and Stegun), and the "Links" were to
discussion and examples - because that was what existed then. But there
aren't many authoritative references that aren't on online any more.
And things are only going to continue that way.

Changing the database to combine the two sections would just be a
global change. The changes to the interface should also be pretty easy.
The only problem I see is that this would leave the resulting section
unsorted, and in some cases with duplicate entries. But there would be
no need to rush to fix these; these changes could be fixed at our
leisure as they came to our attention.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters