[seqfan] A090709 Decimal primes whose decimal representation in base 6 is also prime.

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Fri Jan 3 10:10:44 CET 2014

Dear seqfans,

A090709 lists the numbers which are obtained by converting first all (decimal) primes into base 6 and then keeping those whose digits make a decimal prime. The title of the sequence is "Decimal primes whose decimal representation in base 6 is also prime". Maybe I misunderstand what the title says, but I would expect the sequence to be composed of those decimal primes, which after conversion yield the appropriate digits, but not the primes which the digits make.

The example given by the author tells that  "19 is prime in decimal and 19 base 6 is 31, which is also prime in decimal". I would thus expect 19 to be the prime that the title refers to rather than 31. Hereby the title, as it is written, would actually refer to A065724 titled "Primes p such that the decimal representation of its base 6 conversion is also prime". The example given for  A065724 is formally identical with the example above: "19(10) = 31(6) is prime but also 31(10)".

Should the title of A090709 be deciphered or is it only my insufficient English which is the problem here?
Veikko