[seqfan] Nice new sequence based on the "sticks problem"

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 05:54:01 CET 2014

See A234951, which I just added based on this paper:
A. Bertagnolli, The Stick Problem, 2013;
http://ajbertagnolli.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/sticks2.pdf

This looks like a nice and possibly new number theory
or combinatorial problem about which not much seems to be
known.
As the author says, none of the rows or columns seem to be in the
OEIS, and no formulas are known!

Neil

--
Dear Friends, I have now retired from AT&T. New coordinates:

Email: njasloane at gmail.com